Which would you rather have if you were sick?
Lifestyle is the factor that bridges the gap. Proper nutrition or non-nutrition is the deciding factor as to whether or not you get any health related issues. Take skin cancer, for example, we now have more skin cancer than ever before even though we spend most of our time indoors. Direct sunlight helps your body make Vitamin D, which is not really a vitamin but a prehormone, which has been scientifically PROVEN to prevent and help cure cancer.
“High rates of cancer and disease is strongly associated with a diet containing mostly animal and refined foods.”
95 percent of our calories should come from whole plant foods, and only 5 percent from animal foods. Today, animal foods comprise 42 percent of our calories, refined foods 51% and whole foods come in at only around 6 percent. No one will argue that whole plant foods are full of cancer fighting nutrients and antioxidants. But animal and refined foods contain no such cancer fighters at all. They lack any fiber and are full of hormones, toxins, fat, and cholesterol. Even allopathic doctors know this; they just won’t come out and tell you this. People will believe that by eating plant foods you can help prevent cancer, but these same people will not believe that you can reverse it by eating a plant-based diet.
In Healing Cancer From Inside Out Anderson tells us about Nathan Pritikin, the man who first proved you could reverse heart disease with a plant-based diet alone. This was thought to be impossible. It is still thought to be impossible by many. For his breakthrough discovery, he was greeted by twenty years of disbelief and skepticism. When he died he actually willed his body to be autopsied and the results published in a medical journal. His arteries were as healthy as a child’s, even though he had been previously diagnosed with serious cardiac problems.
The work on cardiac health by doctors such as Dr. Dean Ornish and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, both of whom cured former President Bill Clinton’s cardiac problems, is becoming featured more prominently in the public eye through news media, their own publications and other books such as The China Study. Their studies on using nutrition to cure heart disease have proven many times over that Nathan Pritikin was right!
Healing Cancer From Inside Out shows that despite these scientifically proven methods of curing heart disease (and please do your own research on this since they have proven that even the most life threatening cases of heart disease can be entirely reversed by eating a 100% plant-based diet), hospitals do not apply these methods. And yes, you can get all the protein you need from vegetables. They continue to use stents, statin drugs and bypass surgeries. They do this because of money. Telling someone to eat only whole plant foods is not going to bring in any money. It is important to remember that your personal doctor may not know this at all, since he or she has been taught exactly what the main stream medical society wants them to know only. This information is not taught in medical school.
The same story is told of adult onset diabetes. It is specifically stated that there is no cure for diabetes. Though we now know what that means is there is no man-made drug that can cure diabetes, which is true. Dr. John McDougall and Brenda Cobb of the Living Foods Institute state that type II diabetes patients are completely cured within a week on a 100% plant-based diet. No insulin at all after only one week. It can take a maximum of two weeks for extreme cases. This all applies to any dis-ease of the body. Once again, live raw, steamed, nutritional foods for a LIVE body, dead overcooked, nutritionally void foods for a DEAD body.
Ill health leads us back to the immune system every time; from the common cold to the deadliest disease; if your body and immune system is in good shape you won’t have any problems. If you do not eat properly and nourish your body properly you will have a weak immune system. Your body is designed to work perfectly, and it will as long as you give it what it needs to do so.
“There is no diet that prevents cancer in man. Treatment of cancer by diet alone is in the realm of quackery.” Morris Shimkin, M.D. National Cancer Institute primer, 1973 (Another well-known and accepted lie!)
As said above, modern-day doctors have very little nutritional training at all, a few hours at best. Thus they sometimes can be quick to disregard instances where they see proof of cancer reversal. Ask your doctor how much nutritional training he or she received in medical school! Terms like misdiagnosed or spontaneous regression are used to explain the cures seen by alternate methods. However, there are many who are beginning to take note of study after study that links plant foods with various cancer fighting properties. You can find thousands of those studies in this database. www.greenmedinfo.com For example, it has been published by the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium that flaxseed muffins are as effective as Tamoxifen in shrinking tumors.
“Change to a completely plant based diet reduces cancer recurrence by 300% in Stage III colon cancer patients.” JAMA 2007 Aug 15; 298(7)754-64.
Healing Cancer From Inside Out, focuses quite extensively on the evidence produced by Dr. Campbell. Over the Fifty plus years Dr. Campbell has spent meticulously studying, he states that his most profound and career defining observation is that animal proteins act as a fertilizer for disease. It creates the conditions conducive to a host of malicious activity within your body. Plant based nutrients act in exactly the opposite manner. Dr. Campbell states that animal protein has a whole host of negative effects on the body. Among other things it stimulates the activity of the mixed function oxidase in your liver; this converts normal cells into cancer cells. It further impairs the immune system and increases levels of oestrogen and testosterone (this is bad since increased hormone levels are strongly associated with cancer). Dr. Campbell also says that animal protein influences energy usage in cells. He also points out that these are only a few of the reactions that your body has to animal protein, it does thousands of other things and they all tend to create a picture that leans predominately towards dis-ease.
“Cancer is most prevalent where carnivorous habits prevail.” Scientific American, 1892.
Again, our bodies produce cancer cells on a daily basis; it is natural. Our immune system is either healthy enough to deal with cancer or it is not. Healing Cancer From Inside Out showcases amazing personal stories of people who have been through hell and back with regards to their diseases.
A personal Story from Healing Cancer From Inside Out: Meg Wolff (author of ‘Becoming Whole’) was diagnosed with cancer three separate times. First she developed a malignant tumor in her leg. The doctors amputated her leg and put her on chemotherapy. A few years later the cancer showed up in her thyroid, they then removed half her thyroid and put her on more drugs. After she was diagnosed with breast cancer they removed her breasts and put her on more chemo and radiation. None of these treatments worked and they caused her to lose 25 percent of her body, and suffer horrific side effects. She was then told to prepare for death. In this terminal phase she discovered the macrobiotic diet. This diet consists largely of brown rice and vegetables, and it completely healed her of cancer.
There are no magic bullets that can help you defeat cancer and dis-ease. Your entire nutrient profile will either increase the odds of you getting health problems or it will increase your chance of staying healthy and strong throughout your life or becoming healthy again if you do get a dis-ease. There is no “one size fits all” program; you must listen to your own body and to what is right for it, however there are many things that do apply to all human beings, as has been discussed in this blog.
If you have cancer now, or know someone who does, please watch Healing Cancer From Inside Out, study the work of doctors such as Dr. John McDougall, Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Dr. Douglas Graham, and many others. You must realize that the cure has always existed inside your own body in order to heal and stay healthy. And by all means, please see a naturopathic doctor, holistic practitioner, master herbalist, or other trained and qualified professional that knows and understands all we have discussed here. Remember that cancer is a healthy mechanism in the body, not something to fear. Among the primary culprits fueling our cancer epidemic are: pharmaceutical drugs, stress radiation exposure, obesity, poor sleeping habits, medical diagnostic exposure, wireless technologies, dirty electricity, lack of sunshine exposure, use of sunscreens, pesticide and other chemical exposures, and processed and artificial foods (plus the chemicals in the packaging). The best “cure” for cancer is prevention.
Some ways to prevent cancer
1) Avoid Fructose and Sugar-As it was explained to by Craig Thompson, who has done much of this research and is now president of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, the cells of many human cancers come to depend on insulin to provide the fuel (blood sugar) and materials they need to grow and multiply. Insulin and insulin-like growth factor (and related growth factors) also provide the signal, in effect, to do it. The more insulin, the better they do. Some cancers develop mutations that serve the purpose of increasing the influence of insulin on the cell; others take advantage of the elevated insulin levels that are common to metabolic syndrome, obesity and type 2 diabetes. Some do both. Thompson believes that many pre-cancerous cells would never acquire the mutations that turn them into malignant tumors if they weren’t being driven by insulin to take up more and more blood sugar and metabolize it.
2) Optimize Vitamin D3-There is overwhelming evidence pointing to the fact that vitamin D deficiency plays a crucial role in cancer development. Researchers within this field have estimated that about 30 percent of cancer deaths, which amounts to 2 million worldwide and 200,000 in the United States, could be prevented each year simply by optimizing the vitamin D levels in the general population.
3) Exercise-If you are like most people, when you think of reducing your risk of cancer, exercise doesn’t immediately come to mind. However, there is some fairly compelling evidence that exercise can slash your risk of cancer. One of the primary ways exercise lowers your risk for cancer is by reducing elevated insulin levels, which creates a low sugar environment that discourages the growth and spread of cancer cells.
For example, physically active adults experience about half the incidence of colon cancer as their sedentary counterparts, and women who exercise regularly can reduce their breast cancer risk by 20 to 30 percent compared to those who are inactive. It’s important to include a large variety of techniques in your exercise routine, such as strength training, aerobics, core-building activities, and stretching.
4) Only 25 percent of people eat enough vegetables, so by all means eat as many vegetables as you are comfortable with. Ideally, they should be fresh and organic. Cruciferous vegetables in particular have been identified as having potent anti-cancer properties. Make sure you steam and/or eat these vegetables raw so you do not kill the nutritional value of them.
5) Maintain an ideal body weight.
6) Get enough high-quality sleep.
7) Reduce your exposure to environmental toxins like pesticides, household chemical cleaners, synthetic air fresheners, and air pollution.
8) Reduce your use of cell phones and other wireless technologies, and implement as many safety strategies as possible; if/when you cannot avoid their use.
9) Boil, poach or steam your foods, rather than frying or charbroiling them. Better yet eat as many of your foods raw as you can.
Remember, if the whole body is nourished and maintained properly, it works correctly all the time. If one part or organ does not receive the nourishment it needs, it will borrow what it needs from another, then that one borrows from another, etc., until some part is not getting what it needs to stay healthy.
If you properly nourish the body with organic food, you give it what it needs to heal itself and stay healthy.
A healthy body does not grow cancer cells, tumors, etc., it gets rid of the damaged cells before they can multiply and take over. Only when you alter the conditions in your body that stimulate the growth of cancer can you defeat it.
I will see YOU on the road to natural and vibrant health!
Granny, MH, HHC